We couldn't be more thrilled to have Zoe join the family. The wedding and reception were beautiful. I was impressed that Mamma Smith made a lot of the food herself, including the delicious carrot cake. I got to help out by making Zoe's bouquet and putting the flowers on the cake. I was a little intimidated, but pleased with how it turned out. Paisley was a doll the whole trip. She even loved the plane rides. Thanks for everyone's advice. The most valuable tidbit: "Dress her up cute because people will be more tolerant of a cute baby." I guess those little pink and orange shoes and the flower in her hair did their magic, or else the passengers were just really relieved to have some entertainment because they played peek-a-boo with her the whole time. She moped for three days straight when we came home. An outing to the grocery store did bring some relief, but she was a little perplexed when the shoppers didn't return her smiles and laughs as enthusiastically as her relatives. More pics from the trip coming soon . . .5.13.2010
Spence and Zo
We couldn't be more thrilled to have Zoe join the family. The wedding and reception were beautiful. I was impressed that Mamma Smith made a lot of the food herself, including the delicious carrot cake. I got to help out by making Zoe's bouquet and putting the flowers on the cake. I was a little intimidated, but pleased with how it turned out. Paisley was a doll the whole trip. She even loved the plane rides. Thanks for everyone's advice. The most valuable tidbit: "Dress her up cute because people will be more tolerant of a cute baby." I guess those little pink and orange shoes and the flower in her hair did their magic, or else the passengers were just really relieved to have some entertainment because they played peek-a-boo with her the whole time. She moped for three days straight when we came home. An outing to the grocery store did bring some relief, but she was a little perplexed when the shoppers didn't return her smiles and laughs as enthusiastically as her relatives. More pics from the trip coming soon . . .