4.23.2010

brown paper packages tied up with strings

I'm a little apprehensive about our flight to Florida tomorrow. Keeping Paisley on our laps for an hour during sacrament meeting can be torturous. But I'm feeling a little better now that I've gathered all this loot. Paisley's favorite play things are ordinary household objects. So I got all the small containers and objects I could come up with. One idea that I'm hoping will be a hit is a photo album with only pictures of her. (She's so vain but who can blame her?). The two purchases I made- the box of crayons and the mini teddy bear. She was introduced to a box of crayons the other day and played happily (crayons in the box...crayons out of the box...) for a couple of hours before I confiscated them so they wouldn't loose their novelty before the flight. Just can't remember where I confiscated them to. Lately she's loved her stuffed animals but they're all as big as her, so I thought the teddy was a good find at the 99 cent store. Oh, and the screaming monkey slingshot--Its scream scares her so badly that she'll cuddle calmly with me for half an hour. It's a last resort in the evenings before Brandon gets home. I try not to use it too much. The vacuum and the hair dryer already lost their magical calming power. I'm sure no one on the plane will be happy about hearing a screaming monkey. But it just might be better than a screaming baby. Well, even if Paisley isn't entertained, at least I had fun. Any tips from seasoned travellers?