I love looking at the drawings in Brandon's old journals. Sometimes he draws pictures of the big events in our lives, but most of the time he captures the simple everyday moments, times when we didn't have the camera, stories that would be forgotten if he didn't record them. I thought it'd be fun to use some of his pictures to illustrate this past year.
January
To preface this picture, you have to know that Brandon rides his bike across town once a week so I can have the car. On this particular morning he popped his tire on a glass bottle and ran home to get the car while wearing a backpack and work shoes. I think he's a superhero.
Brandon was released from his calling as Cubmaster and I was given his position. As a farewell and thank you, all the little boys performed a banana cheer and we gave him a bunch of bananas (purchased with his own hard-earned money). p.s. I've been loving my calling.
Paisley's favorite game is being chased around the house by Daddy
February
We went on a family canoe trip for Valentine's Day
Suddenly hiking becomes much more entertaining when Paisley discovers Daddy's hair
March
One of Brandon's surprise dates for me was our own mini olympics in the living room. Obviously I got the gold medal for figure skating.
My Mama came to town and spoiled us with her good cooking
April
Paisley Eden turned one! Her birthday "cake" consisted of a yogurt that she snuck into at the grocery store
Spencer (Brandon's brother) and Zoe were married! At their wedding reception in Florida, we performed a little song about them floating away on a giant tomato.
Paisley learned to walk
May
Brandon played sherpa on our first ever campout with Paisley
Sometimes Brandon feels this big at work
June
Paisley loves looking at pictures of Jesus during her bedtime routine
July
We celebrated my birthday with a canoe adventure
August
We helped "chaperone" a tubing trip at Lake Mead with the young men and women at church
September
Goodnight kisses for Paisley!
While hiking at Mount Charleston, we took a little break to read Huck Finn and let Paisley explore
We took a road trip to Utah to watch a BYU game with Spencer and Zoe and visit with family. Paisley likes to play a game called "let's see how long I can stay awake" when we're driving. She's pretty good at it.
Suspicions that baby #2 was on the way were confirmed!
October
Why do they call it morning sickness when it lasts all day?
Paisley loves to be tickled!
November
We had a lovely Thanksgiving with my parents, brothers, and Grandpa Kiser in St. George, Utah
Teaching Paisley to identify body parts can be a painful pastime
November
We celebrated Brandon's birthday with a road trip to Disneyland. Brandon worked on driving less than 20 miles over the speed limit and I worked on biting my tongue. ouch.
We a had a relaxing Christmas Holiday with family in Florida. Everyone's favorite present was the new trampoline at the lake house.
It's a boy!
i.e. Brandon is super excited about snakes and campouts . . .