11.22.2010

happy merry

Hooray for technology! We moved to a new apartment half a block away and after unpacking we found that everything electronic that we owned had broken.  Funny how we didn't have a computer or a tv when we first got married, and now we feel like we can't function without the internet.

Halloween seems so long ago since we've already busted out the Christmas music and are thoroughly enjoying our evenings making homemade gifts, but it's never too late to share, right? Here's our little owl . . .



 
The Hundred Acre Wood, The Wise Owl, Christopher Robin with Winnie the Pooh

The Wise Owl at home in the Hundred Acre Wood

 I made Paisley's costume a couple weeks before Halloween because I knew we'd be busy with the move.  Brandon asked me almost every night what we were going to be.  I usually changed the subject and hoped he'd forget about it.  But after a long day of moving boxes and making our old apartment cleaner than it'd ever been when we lived in it, Brandon informed me that he wouldn't go to our church Halloween party without a costume.  So Mama Smith (who was so nice to come out from Florida and help that weekend) and I headed over to our new place to dig through boxes and come up with something while Brandon finished cleaning the carpet in our old apartment.  I thought the idea to be trees was a pretty good one, considering the circumstances.  Brandon wasn't impressed.  But of course he was able to come up with an amazingly creative idea.  Mom and I would be the Hundred Acre Wood, Paisley would be the Wise Owl and he would be Christopher Robin.  We pulled it off pretty well, huh?  Too bad you can't see Brandon's little shorts and tall socks.  It really made the whole ensemble.