Paisley has been sleeping a lot lately-- the night before last she slept from 7 pm until almost noon when I got worried and woke her up. Everyone says it's just a growth spurt, so I'm a expecting to find a giant in her crib any day now.
Anyway, I've had a lot of time to create. I'd been itching to redo the picture frame arrangement in our living room, but we're moving in November. And last time I put up the frames, Brandon commemorated the moment with an illustration of me playing wall ball with rocks and all the crooked frames. But I finally decided that four months is a long time to be itching. And I tried a new technique that made it so easy! You put a big piece of paper on the floor, arrange the frames on top of it, trace around them, and mark where the nails should go. Then you tape the paper to the wall and nail right through the paper. Rip it down, and up go your frames-- no extra holes in the wall. yay! It was so simple, in fact, that I decided to do it twice. (I guess it's not foolproof. You might not be happy with your arrangement. But at least the frames will be straight). More detailed hanging instructions here.
So with a new frame arrangement, I needed some new art. It was so fun to paint just to paint. It's been way too long. I'd like to say that some beautiful wallpaper inspired my artwork, but let's be honest, I just copied it. Thank you anthropoligie. I put some old sheet music in the other frames. So lovely. It feels so good to have a fresh look.